ECA reports are provided for the purpose of immigration in Canada which includes both permanent residency and express entry. The Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) picked the International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) to provide the ECA reports.
What is the Educational Credential Assessment?
An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is a report with the overall comparability of international educational credentials to a completed Canadian educational credential. The format followed is in such a way that both Refugees and Citizenship Canada and Citizenship and Immigration Canada / Immigration requires. Thus, the ECA generated satisfy both the requirement.
How to create a BCIT ID?
You must have a BCIT ID before registering for the course.
Visit the British Columbia Institute of Technology login page.
- Click on the ‘Create BCIT ID’
- Now, you must enter your personal details like legal first name, legal second name, email address, date of birth, and gender.
- You must confirm your email address by entering it again.
- Then, enter your preferred username.
- Finally, click on ‘Submit and Proceed’.
The steps following are simple and easy to fill up. Thus, you have successfully created the BCIT ID.
How to register for the course?
Now that you have created the BCIT ID, it is easy to apply for a program, register for a course, and register for a test.
- Visit the Quick Registration page.
- Then, enter the BCIT ID followed by the password.
- Now, click on ‘Sign In’.
- If you have lost or forgotten your BCIT ID then retrieving it back is very easy.
- Click on ‘Forgot BCIT ID’ in the quick registration page.
- You are redirected to the ‘Search your BCIT ID’ page.
- You must enter all the personal details which you have previously entered in the quick registration. It includes your name, email address, gender, date of birth, and username.
- After you have entered all the details, click on ‘Search’.
How to reset your BCIT password?
- Click on the ‘Forgot Password’ on the quick registration page.
- Enter your BCIT ID and click on Submit.
- You can make use of the security question which has been set up during the BCIT ID creation.
- If you have not set up the security question then the alternate method is to use your secondary email address.
- In case you have further issues in resetting the password you can call 604-412-7444 or toll-free 1-800-351-5533.
Thus, you can reset the BCIT password easily.
Things to consider while logging in to myBCIT
BCIT ID– Normally the BCIT ID contains 9 digits. It begins with an uppercase alphabet followed by 8 numbers. The BCIT ID is unique and both staff and students have their own IDs. Only if you possess a BCIT ID the myBCIT system can recognize you. Moreover, you can access the D2L, ShareIn and Out, computer labs, knowledge base, and eHelpDesk with your BCIT ID. Thus, it also serves as your user id.
Default password– While you are logging in for the first time, you use your default password. This default password is created while your BCIT ID is created. Your date of birth in the YYMMDD format is the default password. For security purposes, you must change your default password.
Creating a strong myBCIT password– Make sure your password contains a minimum of 8 characters with the combination of upper-case letters and lower-case letters. Also, it must contain at least one number and a special character. You cannot use your former password or date of birth as your password.
Alternate myBCIT secure login
Visit this link for logging in to myBCIT page.
- Enter your BCIT ID and the password in their respective fields.
- Then, clicking on login redirects you to your myBCIT account.
- Other options like ‘Look up your BCIT ID’ and ‘Forgot your Password’ options are available to aid the users.
Support-International Credential Evaluation Service
- If you are a general applicant and you have queries then use email@example.com to contact.
- As an immigration applicant, you can connect to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your questions answered.
- You can call 604-432-8800 which is available Monday to Thursday 9:00 am-12:00 pm PST. Currently, you cannot use this option due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The fax number is 604-435-7033 and the toll-free number within North America is 1-866-434-9197.
- If any institute, regulatory body, or an organization requires ICES reports then they can use email@example.com to contact.
- If you come across any technical problems then you can mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to get technical solutions.
With so many help options available and the FAQ page, ICES (International Credential Evaluation Service) offers the best support to the users.